现在, 更甚于以往, we need to be intentional about fostering 学习 environments where everyone feels connected to each other and their school community. Our profession is uniquely positioned to serve in this important role. We want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to support you today and into the future. 这里有一些免费的资源. We will update this list periodically with additional resources.
Addressing Tragedy and Trauma, Mental Health, and Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
“股权, 疗愈, and Hope: The Role of Trauma-Informed教学 in Uncertain Times,” Webinar by Arlène Elizabeth Casimir (@ArleneCasimir), held November 2021 for the 新mg官网电子游戏 Assembly of Delegates:
“3 Trauma-Informed Practices Backed by Science,” by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris (via Edutopia):
“How Teachers Can Help Students Navigate Trauma,” TEDTalk by Lisa Godwin:
“A Crash Course on Trauma-Informed教学,” by Angela Watson through the “Truth for Teachers” podcast
Below you will find great compilations of resources about trauma-Informed teaching, 学习, and processing with students and for adults:
由博士提供. Kaitlin Popielarz (@KaitPopielarz)
由博士提供. Abigail Rombalski (@AbbyRombalski)
Resources From Other Organizations
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (available in Spanish as well).
American School Counselor Association
作者:Alex Shevrin Venet
作者:Alex Shevrin Venet
博士. Shantel D. 克罗斯比,博士. 彭妮B. 豪厄尔,博士. Shellley托马斯
By Sydney Mason, a Capstone Project
Other Helpful Resources From Around the Web
- 共同点. Call -1-800-231-1127; Or Text “Hello”; to chat with a crisis counselor.
- OK2SAY. Allows students to confer with a trusted adult in a safe space or anonymously report info. Call 855-565-2729; text 652729; or email OK2SAY@mi.政府. 如有紧急情况，请拨911.
- The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) offers tips for on how to talk to children about violence (for parents and teachers).
- 同样来自NASP， Helping Children Cope with Terrorism-Tips for Families and Educators (available in multiple languages).
- Verywell家庭 offers tips on talking to a child and/or teen about gun violence or school shootings.
- The American Psychological Association offers tips on managing your distress 在枪击事件后.
- The National Parent Helpline at 1-855-4 A PARENT (1-855-427-2736) offers emotional support from trained advocates Monday through Friday from 1 p.m. 到10点.m.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network. Talking to Children 关于 the Shooting.
- Harvard Graduate School of Education. 应对社区危机.